The NBA Today. The National Basketball Association doesn’t function week to week like their football brethren. As such it just doesn’t feel right to do a weekly power ranking. So instead we’ll periodically check in to rate how the squads are currently looking.
No doubt it’ll be fluid as we move along. Injuries, hot streaks, and cold streaks moving teams up and down the rankings.
Just like the players. Some days you’re on top of the world, like Joel Embiid. One day you’re smacking around a rival like Karl Anthony Towns. Other days you’re coming up zeroes against a rapidly aging Marc Gasol.
Last night the 76ers star came away from the game much like he came away from his attempt to hook up with pop star Rihana. Without scoring.
So lets take a look at how teams are doing this year. You’ll see some traditionally familiar names atop the leader boards. Wouldn’t it be great to see another version of a Lakers-Celtics finals? Its not the odds on favorite, but at least its a viable possibility.
Some teams that we’ve seen at or near the top of the league for a while now have stumbled.
Injuries have decimated the Warriors season thus far, and there isn’t a whole lot of reason for optimism until the NBA draft lottery rolls around. Sure some young guys like Eric Paschall and Ky Bowman have shown something. But overall there are less NBA players flying around practice for the Warriors than there would be in a Kardashian orgy sex tape.
The bottom line, this is a fluid ranking, so be sure to check back periodically:
- Los Angeles Lakers
- Los Angeles Clippers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Denver Nuggets
- Boston Celtics
- Miami Heat
- Dallas Mavericks
- Houston Rockets
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Utah Jazz
- Toronto Raptors
- Indiana Pacers
- Minnesota Timberwolves
- Phoenix Suns
- Orlando Magic
- Brooklyn Nets
- Sacramento Kings
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- Portland Trailblazers
- Detroit Pistons
- New Orleans Pelicans
- Atlanta Hawks
- San Antonio Spurs
- Chicago Bulls
- Charlotte Hornets
- Washington Wizards
- New York Knicks
- Memphis Grizzlies
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Golden State Warriors
The WAY too early NBA Draft Lottery:
- James Wiseman – Memphis – Post – GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
- Anthony Edwards – Georgia – Wing – ATLANTA HAWKS
- Lamelo Ball – Australia – Ball Handler – NEW YORK KNICKS
- Deni Avdija – Israel – Wing – CLEVELAND CAVALIERS
- Scottie Lewis – Florida – Wing – MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
- Cole Anthony – UNC – Ball Handler – CHARLOTTE HORNETS
- Theo Maledon – France – Ball Handler – SAN ANTONIO SPURS
- Tyrese Maxey – Kentucky – Combo Guard – CHICAGO BULLS
- Jordan Nwora – Lousiville – Wing – PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS
- RJ Hampton – Australia – Wing – NEW ORLEANS PELICANS
- Precious Achiuwa – Memphis – Wing – DETROIT PISTONS
- Killian Hayes – France – Combo Guard – WASHINGTON WIZARDS
- Josh Green – Arizona – Wing – OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER
- Onyeka Okongwu – USC – Post – SACRAMENTO KINGS
- Written by Jason Sullivan
- Find us and follow on Twitter at @TopDucker or on Facebook at You’re Ducking Right